New Strategies, Techniques and Technologies to Win the Customers You Want and Keep Them Forever
(John Wiley & Sons, ISBN 0471641731), English, Portuguese, Polish and Russian.
Most companies today are trying to develop strong relationships because relationships more than anything else are predictive of a company's future success. Relationship Marketing introduces the core concepts associated with the development of relationships to attract, retain and develop individual customers, noting the central idea that each customers’ needs and desires should be addressed uniquely. Important questions flow from this. For example, how does one listen to individual customers? How can addressing the requirements of individual customers be economic? How should a company communicate with individual customers? Relationship Marketing is a practical guide to helping marketers and others to integrate relationship marketing into the business and use it to create value for the company and its customers. The book provides guidance in areas such as the following:
- Planning a relationship marketing initiative - the book provides sound, proven techniques for implementing it successfully;
- Determining the current mix of customers, the current and potential profitability of each one and when to reward, discipline and even fire customers;
- Assessing how business-to-business relationships differ fundamentally from those with consumers and presents a process for the planning of these different relationships;
- Reviewing alternative categories of technology tools for their impact on developing relationships with individual customers;
- Developing relationships with stakeholders other than customers, including employees, suppliers, investors and other important links in the chain of relationships;
- Reviewing numerous examples of best practices from leading-edge relationship marketing companies.
Relationship Marketing describes how to link and align various groups of stakeholders and initiatives inside the company in order to bond more intensely with customers and create new value with them.
Table of Contents
The following is the Table of Contents for the book, Relationship Marketing: New Strategies, Techniques and Technologies to Win the Customers You Want and Keep Them Forever
Chapter 1 Marketing is Dead - Long Live Marketing
Chapter 2 Relationships as Strategy
Chapter 3 Making the Case for Relationship Marketing
Chapter 4 Customer Bonding
Chapter 5 Consumer Versus Business Relationships
Chapter 6 Planning for Better Relationships
Chapter 7 Technology for Relationship Marketing
Chapter 8 Customizing for the Masses
Chapter 9 Building a Chain of Relationships
Chapter 10 The Relationship Marketing Company of Tomorrow
Comments & Endorsements
This is, by far, the best book among a growing number of books on relationship marketing. It is intellectually stimulating and, at the same time, highly practical. Each chapter is both comprehensive and insightful. The last chapter on organizing for relationship marketing is indeed unique and out of the box thinking.
Why recommend this book? Simple. In the growing number of volumes written on relationship marketing, very few offer real value beyond opening the mind to a new concept for the enterprise. Gordon goes many steps further. His approach is strategic and practical at the same time, with many helpful models, cases, and examples. No cute names, terminology or fluff ... simply practical, well-grounded advice and tools. A must if you are involved in your company's change to relationship marketing.